Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT IS TELEHEALTH?
Telehealth involves the use of telecommunications and virtual technology to deliver health care outside of traditional health-care facilities. It is a convenient and safe way to consult with your practitioner. Video consultation, over the Phone, tablet or laptop, with our practitioner can be organised. There is no need for downloading any software and is easy to use. If you are not good with Technology, call our reception on (0404701478) and we can take you through the steps to organize it on your computer or smartphone/tablet or alternatively we can organise Telephone Appointment with our doctors
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• After you have made your booking, you will receive a text confirmation of your appointment.
• Take some time to prepare by reading the following Telehealth tips.
• You need: either a smartphone/tablet/ laptop/computer and internet connection to be able to have a consultation.
• Our receptionist with call you 30 minutes before your appointment and will put you in a virtual waiting room.
• You will be contacted by the specialist when they are ready for the consultation.
• Please ensure that we have your mobile phone number to begin with should there be any video interruptions.
• Should you have any concerns or anxiety regarding video consultation, we can even organise a video consult in the presence of your GP. After the consultation, we send your consultation information and or results to your GP
DO I NEED A GP REFERRAL?
A valid GP referral is required to avail medicare rebate. Consultations without referral can be organised, however, patients forfeit the medicare rebate.
DO WE NEED PHOTOGRAPHS WHEN WE SEE A DERMATOLOGIST?
Digital photos prove to be excellent tools in helping diagnosis and management. Photos can be taken with a camera or a phone and sent in either by SMS, printing them (for faxing or snail mail) or by attaching them in an email. Here are a few tips on getting photos that will be useful during your video consult.
Getting & sending good photos for Virtual consult • Take photos in front of a plain background. For example, use a plain-coloured wall or plain-coloured sheet hung on a wall.
• Get the lighting as even as possible. Dark shadows and silhouettes make discerning features more difficult.
• Try to position the camera even with the body area you want to discuss. As a general rule, traditional selfies aren’t a good way to take photos that will work well for virtual consultations. It is better to use a mirror to take photos of yourself or better still, have a family member or friend help you out.
• Be sure to submit each of the required photos (views) based on the specific areas to be discussed with special attention given to the clarity of the images.
• If you are submitting digital photos via email, some image files can be large and may require you to send each photo in a separate email. If you have any problems at all, just give us a call to our reception and we’ll do our best to help.
WHO CAN USE THIS SERVICE?
Anyone with a valid referral can use this service.
CAN I CLAIM MEDICARE REBATE OR PRIVATE INSURANCE?
Yes medicare rebate can be claimed with a valid referral. There are provisions for further rebates for eligible rural areas. Procedures may or may not be covered in private insurance. Further information can be obtained by calling the number provided or by sending an email.
WHAT ASPECTS OF DERMATOLOGY TREATMENTS ARE COVERED "VIA TELEHEALTH”?
All aspects of dermatological disorders can be dealt with via telehealth, except skin checks, which requires a face to face examination. Face to face appointments as and when required can be arranged at the earliest.
All surgical procedures/ procedures required in the clinical care of the patient will be booked during/ after the initial teleconsultation. Once consulted by one of our specialist, we will endeavor to get surgical appointment within 1-2 weeks of initial appointment, as clinically indicated.
HOW DOES THE PAYMENT SYSTEM WORK?
A valid credit/ debit card is required for the payments. Full payment is made on the day of the appointment.
How soon can I get an appointment
We endeavour to get an appointment sooner than most face to face appointments.